mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Knee jerk reaction....

My right knee, for the last few years, has hurt me on occasion- nothing major, just an occasional pang every now and then.

It was bothering me a little on Wednesday, but nothing major. It hurt a little yesterday, and it lasted longer than the occasional pang. Despite that, I decided to do my normal workout last night. It wasn't too bad when I was on the Precor, but when I got off and went to walk it was not happy. Still, I got on the eliptical and did the rest of my workout, dreading when I would have to get off it and walk to the locker room. It hurt a bunch last night, and quite a bit this morning.

An 8.8 mile walk was probably not the best thing for it. I spent most of today walking like an old person, wincing when I took stairs or got up from my desk.

So it looks like I'm going to have to skip the gym for the next couple days - hopefully it's the kind of injury that will heal itself. I hate this - I hate making excuses for not working out, want to be the kind of person who "works through the pain" -especially since I've been eating like a pig of late, and haven't put in much gym time - but I figure if I don't give it some time, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home