mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Darn cat almost gave me a heart attack...

So I'm at my PC in my home office/eBay storage room, browsing fatwallet, and nibbler the cat is in the corner, being a cat. I see her playing with something, and I figure it's a was of paper from packing or something. So I go over a few minutes later... and discover that it wasn't a wad of a paper. It was one of those Silca Gel packets, the ones that say "do not eat" on them. And it was open.

So I have visions of my cat's insides quickly being absorbed. I turn to where I always turn in times of need - google. The first site that I find is yahoo answers page, which is like "what are you doing online, you should be finding a 24-hour vet". But I search a little more and find this ASPCA page that says it might make her sick, but it should resolve itself, it's only dangerous in large doses, and that it's actually used in some kitty litter.

I don't know if she ate any, and if she did, I don't think it was much - there was still quite a bit in the packet and on the floor. Obviously, I'll have to keep an eye on the furball and make sure she doesn't start acting ill, but I think we dodged a bullet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home