mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

That's what friends are for...

So I was reading this article about the Natalie Holloway case confession and there was one quote that jumped out at me:

He admitted his first call wasn't to the hospital or to the police -- but to a friend to help dispose of the body.

"And I told him, 'Well, this is what happened; come, come, come, come help me. And please don't call the police.' He says, 'No, I won't call the police. I'm coming to you now.'"

Van der Sloot said on the tape that his Aruban friend, alone, took Holloway out to the ocean and dumped her apparently lifeless body.


I'll admit I don't have a whole lot of friends, but I have a few, and pretty good relationships with most of my coworkers. bsom, for example, has willingly said "yes" to a bunch of odd and annoying requests, from "can you watch my cat" to "can you help me rewire my house". I can't think of anyone, however, who I could call and say "would you help me dispose of a body" who would say "sure, on my way."

And I guess when you think about it, that's probably a good thing. Unless I need to dispose of a body. Which I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home