mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

She is about to become an it...

So I made an appointment for this Monday to take the Nibbler in to be spayed. I'm maxed out on vacation time at work, so I decided to just take the day off.

It's such a funny word. Spayed. Evidently from the middle ages "to cut with a sword". Ouch.

There's something weird about removing an animal's reproductive organs. I mean, I'd be pretty pissed if someone removed mine, even if they haven't, umm, been getting as much use as I'd like as of late.

I know it's the right thing to do - it reduces the chances of cancer and a bunch of other stuff, and if she ever got out she wouldn't get pregnant and contribute to the overpopulation of homeless cats. But it still feels weird, plus there is the slight risk of any surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home