mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tales (and pictures) from the new house...

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, but I've been even busier than normal. I've still got a ton of stuff to unpack, much of which I suspect will sit in the basement in boxes until the next time I move, which I'm hoping won't be for the next ten years or so.

I finally got my internet and TV hooked up on Sunday, though I have yet to configure my shiny new DLink gaming router yet. I also have yet to hook up my main TV and RePlayTV, which is fine since I don't really have time to watch it.

I also still have an air conditioner that is hemmoraging water. I had a friend of a friend who fixes AC for a living look at it, he added some freon but suspects that the main inside condenser unit needs to be replaced. Apparently, while the part of the AC that's outside was replaced a few years ago, the inside part wasn't - and is a different SEER rating than the inside part, which means that it's not going to work the way it's supposed to, or so I'm told. So I'm probably looking at having to throw a grand or two just so I can walk down the hallway to the family room without stepping through an ocean.

I had a paper due in my last class on Monday, so I was finishing that up. My next class starts in a half-hour - I'm blogging from the student lounge on my MacBook via wireless.

I did finally take and upload some pics of the new digs:

Living Room

Living Room 2 (featuring my $115 as is Ikea couch)

My office - aka the back bedroom (I still have another table and about 3 more computers to set up....)

Kitchen - and yes, that's a hardwood floor.

family room fireplace - that thing was a beeyotch to paint, and I still missed spots. It used to be beige.

my $100 italian leather sofa (and no, the cushion really isn't brown on one side - that's just the way the pic came out)

anyone want to buy some ski boots? - the corner of my laundry room, with 60+ pairs of ski boots I bought at auction

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home