mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, June 23, 2006

More Movin' News...

Well, I've got 5 more days until I'm officially a homeowner.

I've actually gotten to the point where I'm eager for the next couple days to go by so I can sign the papers and start moving stuff and painting and buying furniture and a grill and all the other stuff that I need.

Part of this is because things are starting to fall into place. I've called the power company, turned in my cable boxes, and scheduled carpet people. I'm also starting to run out of things to pack. Aside from the stuff I can't live without - TV, dishes, clothing, my desktop PC - almost everything is in boxes. I have movers scheduled for July 10th to move the big stuff - furniture and the like. Thanks to a coworkers recommendation, I found rather cheap movers, and given the fact that I live on the third floor of a building with a very narrow spiral staircase, and that I have pretty much no upper body strength, I think it's worth the money. The last time I tried to move myself took hours, lots of struggle, and two rather annoyed friends.

I took the last 3 days off to pack, but I don't really have much left to pack that I can't live without. I also want to start getting boxes out of here so it actually looks like I've accomplished something.

The next three weeks or so aren't going to be fun - I've got to get everything moved and unpacked, rooms painted, furniture and stuff bought and assembled, and cable and internet hooked up. But I think once it's done I'm going to be much better off - I'm more comfortable in the 'burbs than in the city where I've been for the last 3 years, and I really need more space than my rented room gives me. While I don't look forward to the fact that my mortgage payment plus utilities is going to be more than twice my current rent, I think it will be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home