mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

So much crap, so little time...

Well, in 30 hours or so the movers will be here. And I've still got a ton of crap I need to deal with.

A week or so ago, I found myself saying that I had run out of things to pack. I had already packed much of my stuff, and lots of the stuff I had left was things like kitchen stuff, clothing, my TV/stereo and desktop PC - stuff that I didn't want to do without.

But it's amazing how much stuff you have that you forget about - little stuff - from the hangers in your closet to an old stereo reciever to boxes of papers to food in the kitchen - that I forgot to pack. It's too small to bother the movers with, but there is a ton of it. Some of it - my computer, stereo, dishes - is stuff I don't trust the movers with. I've brought most of it downstairs, and plan on taking a load tomorrow on my way to the CMART auction, and another load on Monday after the movers are done.

There are probably still a few things I need to pack, including my computer - I've unhooked the stuff I can live without, including one of the monitors, the printer, and the scanner, but I'm waiting until tomorrow night to finish packing it.

Although I probably should be spending all of tomorrow packing and moving, I'm not. I'm going to the CMART auction tomorrow. I'm not sure why, considering it's probably one of the busiest days of my life and I have a ton of stuff I could be doing. But CMART is a unique place- they buy closeouts, insurance claims, returns, all kinds of crap. Some of it is actually high-end, stuff like designer furniture and clothes, but lots of it is junk. If I had a pallet jack, a moving van, and a warehouse, there are probably some things I could make a ton of money buying and flipping on eBay or at flea markets - a pallet of ties, 5000 soccer cleats (sell them for $10 each and you've made fity gees!), ect. But I don't really have any place to put it, nor am I sure investing my limited resources in kid's soccer apparel is a good investment strategy.

So I'm going mostly to see who buys 4 pallets of school uniforms or a stuffed mumified baby alligator.

But if nobody bids on those cleats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home