mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In 12 hours, I'll be a homeowner...

Well, today was the final walkthru. My realtor and I verified that the soon-to-be-my townhouse was still standing and that the previous owners hadn't removed all the appliances while I wasn't looking. I gave the toilets a test flush, and started looking at all the stuff I want to change about my new house.

I also went to my credit union and got a check with one more zero than pretty much any check I've ever written or probably will write again in a long time. It represents about 75% of my net worth. No more thinking when I'm fed up at work that I could always quit and live off my savings for a while. Now I need my job to pay my mortgage.

So hopefully this was a good decision. In 12 hours I'll be a homeowner and I'll start finding out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home