mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Well, that explains the stolen credit card...

I wrote last week about how I got a call from Amex that my credit card had been fraudulently used. Well, now I know how - I got a snail-mail letter today from Batteries.com, a company I think I've ordered from a grand total of two times - letting me know that one of their servers had been hacked and a bunch of data stolen, and that some of their customers were reporting fraudulent chargers.

On the plus side, I get two years of credit report monitoring for free. A little late for that, though - and props to Amex for dealing with much faster and better than Batteries.com did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home