mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Credit card stolen, again...

So I got a phone call on my cell today. Apparently, my Amex number got stolen. Again.

This happened to me about 2 years ago - same deal. Last time they asked me if I bought a computer monitor and paintball equipment. This time, I was asked if I charged plane tickets - $3500 on Air France and $1500 on Northwest Airlines. Being that I don't like flying, and am not real big on the French, that's a no.

I use the hell out of the card online, so I'm guessing that some merchant's website got hacked/compromised somehow - I haven't fallen for any phishing schemes. I guess it might have been skimmed somewhere, like a gas station.

I have to give Amex props for finding it out before I did and getting in touch so quickly - I'm supposed to have a new card overnighted. Still, it's a pain in the ass - I've got the card saved on a ton of sites that I need to change it on, and I need to make sure that everything I have set to autobill to the card - including the webhosting for this site - gets changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home