mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wow, has it been 10 years?

Last night was my high school reunion. 10 years ago I graduated from a Catholic coed high school in central NJ. I was debating if I should go, and decided to. I wasn't really sure why - I haven't really kept up with anyone from high school, I can't say that high school was the best part of my life, and I wasn't sure if anyone I actually wanted to see would be there.

But I figured I should go - I was going to be in town anyway for Thanksgiving, and 10 year reunions only come once in a lifetime.

It actually went OK. There weren't a whole lot of people there who I can say I hung out with in high school - I was a band nerd, so I tended to hang out with people from other class years. But I found enough people there who I knew well enough to hang out with, and it was good seeing them. It's kind of weird seeing the people you knew in high school as grown-ups, married, with important jobs. But I think I've done OK for myself for the most part.

In some ways, the whole reunion thing is weird - it's funny to see people you never talked to in high school suddenly interested in what you are doing. But in some ways I think life after high school evens things out - the nerds become a little less nerdy, the goof offs buckle down a little more and get real jobs.

I did get a bunch of "oh, you look good" comments, which is always nice. And while the reunion wasn't perfect - they were playing loud music the whole time, which meant that most conversations consisted of yelling "so what are you doing now?" in a tone of voice usually used by police to order criminals to drop their weapons, the food was ehh, and I probably drank more than I should have - it was way better than I thought it would be, and I'll probably go to the 15th if I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home