mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

You can call me "crash"

I was out yard-sale shopping this morning with a bsom. It's the first time he's been able to go with me in a while, since he's been getting his house ready for his soon-to-be-born son. Usually when we go together he drives, but for some reason he wanted me to drive today. I wish I had insisted he drive.

Went to a few sales, then stopped at one where there was parking in front. Got an N64 for $5, then hopped back in my truck and started backing up when my friend went "look out". Then I heard a crunch.

I neglected to notice that someone had parked behind me, and I hit their car. Since they had a Chevy Cavalier, and I drive a 4wd Ranger, my bumper went over their bumper and smashed the grill and bent the hood. If I drove a car (or if she had a truck), it probably wouldn't have caused any damage.

It turned out to belong to two elderly women. They were pretty good about it. I gave her my info, and asked if she would consider getting an estimate and calling me rather than going through insurance. So now I have to wait for her to call me and let me know how much I'm out.

Between this and the stop sign warning a couple weeks ago, I'm thinking I should stop going to yard sales. Any money I've made over the last few years is going to be eaten up either by higher insurance rates or paying for damage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home