mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

We are all on drugs...

I really enjoyed this post from Megan McCardle about the stupidity of laws designed to make it hard to get pseudephadrine because it's used to make meth. And not just because of the Law and Order: Criminal Intent references.

My dad has been hit hard by sinus infections this year and has been popping Sudaphed like candy. And the last time I talked to him on the phone about this, I'm pretty sure I got him close to advocating drug legalization instead of futile laws like this. My dad, who I don't think has used any mind-altering substance any harder than screwtop wine.

So I think laws like this probably do more harm than good - I doubt they do anything to curb the flow to meth labs, but they make ordinary Americans wonder if this whole war on drugs thing is really such a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home