mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Are you calling me thin?

I've lost some weight in the last year or so - about 60 pounds. I still have a long way to go, but I do feel like I've accomplished something, and it's nice to get a complement every now and then. My parents, my coworkers, and even a guy I went to high school with who I bumped into at Radio Shack while deal hunting have complemented me on my weight loss.

I have an aunt who is, umm, a very unique woman. I was curious if she would notice my weight loss at Thanksgiving, since I hadn't seen her in a couple months. I was banking on either no comment or maybe a complement.

Nope. The exchange went something like this:

Aunt Rosie: Are you eating enough? You look like you are losing weight.

Mad Anthony: I'm trying to

Aunt Rosie: Well, you look like you've lost enough. I don't want you getting anorexic.

Before she left, in front of my mom, she said something to the effect of "and you better look the same the next time I see you" My mom shot her a dirty look (Aunt Rosie is my father's sister).

Now keep in mind, Mad Anthony is less fat then he used to be, but he's still fat. By government standards, I'm still on the line between Obese and Overweight. My waist, while several inches smaller than it used to be, is still too large to wear jeans made by trendy manufacturers. In other words, I need to stop losing weight the way an alcoholic needs to drink more beer or a hooker needs to get laid more.

I can't win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home