mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

My lame attempt at food-blogging...

There are certain bloggers, like the lovely Jane Galt, who manage to mix econoblogging with zesty Brushetta recipies.

I'm not one of those people, on account of the fact that most of my cooking is of the microwave variety. It's not so much as I can't cook as I can't justify taking the time to walk down to the first floor kitchen and standing over a pot for an hour when I have so much other stuff to do.

But I made a decent sandwich today that I thought I would share. Think of it as a French Dip without the French or the Dip, or a Reuben minus the saurkraut and thousand island dressing.

The MadWich

2 slices Peppridge Farm Dark German Wheat Bread
2 slices lowfat swiss cheese
1/3 package Oscar Meyer Roast Beef

Place one slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Place roast beef on one side of bread. Cap with other side, with cheese side on beef. Place sandwich on George Forman Grill for about 5 minutes until bread starts to brown and cheese looks melted.

Eat. Serve with lowfat potato chips, if only to remind yourself that regular potato chips taste good because they are deep fried and not because they are made of potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home