mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving...

Haven't been posting much of late, and probably won't be for the next couple weeks. I've got a ton of homework and projects due in the next couple weeks, plus I'm trying to list a bunch of stuff on eBay to take advantage of the Christmas rush.

But I probably won't do a whole lot of homework today or tomorrow. Today is thanksgiving, and I'm in NJ with the family. I drove up yesterday, I'll be returning to Charm City sometime on Sunday. This is actually the second time I've been in NJ in the last week - I drove up Thursday night last week and borrowed my dad's minivan so my car could finally go in the shop to get the gauge issue fixed. Of course, while checking it out, they also checked out the clunking sound the right front tire was making, and found that a large chunk of my suspension had been sacrificed to the gods of the Baltimore City pothole. Between that and the gauge issue, which needs a new circuit board of some sort, I'm looking at over $1500 worth of repairs. So there goes a part of my "buy a house soon" down payment fund. Crud.

Tomorrow, I plan on hitting a bunch of the black friday sales. They aren't as good as previous years, but there are still a few decent deals to be had, and I intend to have them. That means I'll get a couple hours of sleep tonight. Hopefully I'll be motivated enough by tomorrow afternoon to get some homework done.

But I've got a couple days off, even if I'm going to be busy, and that's something to be thankful for. And I'm with family, which is good, and I'm going to be gourging myself on food not from a microwave, so that's good too.

So happy thanksgiving - and happy black friday shopping tomorrow morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home