mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Let's pass a law that the sun needs to be up more..

Via Slashdot
comes this article on a proposal to extend daylight savings time.

Stupidest quote from the article:
"The more daylight we have, the less electricity we use," said [Rep. Ed] Markey, [D-Massachusetts]

Umm, dude? You aren't actually making more daylight. The sun will be out the same amount of time. You are just changing the time that the sun is out.

From a more practical standpoint, I have no idea where these supposed savings are. I mean, it's dark when I wake up and it's dark when I go to sleep. I'm not sure how much a slight shift makes in terms of my electricity use when that's the case.

Besides, my energy use doesn't vary with the weather. I still turn the lights on in my apartment, no matter if it's sunny or dark out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home