mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Don't weep for me...

Drudge is linking to this article about the Pope's death.

I was very impressed by his last words:

"I am happy and you should be happy too," he said. "Do not weep. Let us pray together with joy

I'm a Catholic, though not a terribly good one. I haven't always agreed with the Pope, who has been a lot more liberal on some things than I would prefer (ie his anti-war and social justice teachings) and more conservative than I would prefer on other things (ie birth control). However, he has always seemed like an amazing person - one very committed to his faith and to doing what he believed was best for people. He will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home