mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, August 07, 2004

How good a conservative am I?

Michelle Malkin, who evidently is less conservative than I am has a Media Diversity Test aimed at pointing out how liberal the media generally is. Dean Esmay shares his results. So how do I stack up?

1. I have never voted for a Democrat in my life.

-Yes, at least nationally. I may have voted for some local ones in local elections back in NJ

2. I think my taxes are too high.

-yes

3. I supported Bill Clinton's impeachment.

-yes

4. I voted for President Bush in 2000.

-yes

5. I am a gun owner.

-not yet, but I may be someday, and I fully support the rights of people to own them.

6. I support school voucher programs.

-yes

7. I oppose condom distribution in public schools.

-no - I really don't have a problem with it, as long as schools are honest in pointing out that they aren't perfect - they do break, ect.

8. I oppose bilingual education.

-yes

9. I oppose gay marriage.

-no. I really don't care either way. I don't think that not letting gays marry is the modern equivilant of slavery or Jim Crow laws, like some on the left would like you to belive, but I also don't think that letting it happen is going to cause man-dog marriages to become legal. I DO, however, oppose having gay marriage thrust upon us by the courts, (or for that matter, banned by the Federal government). I think it should be decided by the states through ballot referendums. This gives rights to make decisions on it to the states, and if you don't like it you can always move to another state.

10. I want Social Security privatized.

-yes

11. I believe racial profiling at airports is common sense.

-not exactly. There has been buzz that the FAA and other groups want to LIMIT the number of Arabs who can be searched, and that strikes me as stupid. But there are Muslims who aren't Arabs (and Arabs who aren't Muslims), so there is still the possibility that Islamofacists can use people of other races.

12. I shop at Wal-Mart.

-Not really. I haven't been there in years. I have nothing against it, but I like the clearance deals I find at Target, I think they have better selection and quality than Wal Mart, and their locations are more convinient to me.


13. I enjoy talk radio.

-Not really. Like my complaints about opinion TV programing, I would rather get my news and commentary online. I think it's easier to select what interests me and easier to disprove or prove statements. I also like listening to music, and will usually listen to CD's in the car and MP3's at work or home.


14. I am annoyed when news editors substitute the phrase "undocumented person" for "illegal alien."

-not really. It is kind of silly when you think about it, but it's not at the top of my list.

15. I do not believe the phrase "a chink in the armor" is offensive.

-Yes, I don't.

16. I eat meat.

-hell yes.

17. I believe O.J. Simpson was guilty.

-yup

18. I cheered when I learned that Saddam Hussein had been captured.

-yes.

19. I cry when I hear "Proud To Be an American" by Lee Greenwood.

-yes. It is a touching song.

20. I don't believe The New York Times.

-Yes.


Hers scoring system was 5 points per yes, which would give me a 60%, although you probably could add a couple points in for all the maybes and sortas.

Of course I'm not a minority, so this may be meaningless. But I think it makes me a conservative, but also somewhat middle of the road, which I think describes my views - fiscally conservative, hard-line on defense, more liberal/libertarian on social issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home