mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Call you? I don't even know you...

My cell phone rang around 15 minutes ago. 202 number, which I think is D.C. Don't know anyone in DC, but I answered it anyway. Guy on the phone says "someone from this number called me". Nope "I just got home and checked my caller ID and someone from this number called me" Told him I didn't call anyone from this number, and he hung up.

WTF? I don't make a lot of phone calls, and I checked the recent calls on my cell, nothing.

I'm wondering if a)somewhere somone made a mistake and someone else's number shows up as mine in caller ID. b)some telemarketer spoofed my number on the caller ID so it wouldn't show up as them or c)someone cloned my cell phone.

Guess I should keep a close eye on my phone bill....

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had the same thing happen to me. Yesterday I got a phone call with my old phone number in the caller ID, that number has been disconnected. In fact I called that number and it is still disconnected. I dont know if there is some kind of telephone equipment tat allows callers to call using some other number. This way some telemarketers disguise as that other caller. I would really appreciate if someone could post some details on this. Keyword : Someone is calling making telephone calls with someone else caller ID. Spooky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home