mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

So much to do, not enough time...

It's probably a bad sign when blog readers start wondering if I've been abducted. I know my posting of late has been a bit thin, and it's probably not going to change anytime soon. I've got a couple posts I want to make, but I also have a bunch of stuff going on in the meatspace that I'm trying to figure out how to get done.

First of all, work starting to get crazy - I've worked a bunch of overtime this week, and probably will be for the rest of the summer and into the fall. We are supposed to set up something like 300 new machines by the start of the school year, and our staff is me, one coworker, and one high school kid. And we still don't have the machines yet. Add in some new security software that we are deploying for laptops that hasn't been tested, and has it's own share of issues, plus a whole bunch of new responsibilities our group has taken on, and I'm not sure how a fraction of what needs to get done is going to get done. I actually found myself remarking to a coworker that I'm almost looking forward to summer ending so things will slow down. When you work for a college, summer is usually slow, but this one has sucked so far, and is only likely to get worse.

And while I don't have much of a social life, I do have a couple time-intensive hobbies - I've been trying to get to the gym, although I'm lucky if I make it a couple times a week. I've also been going to auctions every Wednesday, to bar trivia, a few hamfests, and yard sales on saturdays. I've got a ton of stuff that needs to go on eBay, and my home office looks like a UPS depot exploded - it's full of inventory and packing materials.

This is what the next couple weekends look like for me - and I somehow need to fit the gym and OT in as well..

- this weekend - hamfest

-next weekend - parents coming down for a short visit Thursday and Friday, mostly so my mom can see the cat. Need to clean house, don't know when. Also a police auction on the Saturday.

-weekend after that - I was hoping to have my annual summer party this weekend, but I'm debating if it's worth it - and if anyone will come. Need to decide in the next day or two and send out invites, or nobody will come for sure. Also planning on taking that Friday off and taking a day trip to the outlets in Lancaster to stock up on near-dated cookies and slightly irregular underwear.

-following weekend - old college roomate coming from the midwest, wants to see my house and hang out.

By now, we are in mid-August, summer is almost over and early arrival students are showing up.

I'm not sure how I can get everything done, unless I give up sleeping.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Muneer said...

Have the party. You and BSOM can get drunk together and it will make for an interesting blog post.

Anything for my entertainment... :D

munboy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home