mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Further adventures in internet dating, or how to get dumped by women you weren't even dating...

Well, I just got the "I don't think this is going anywhere and I've met someone else" speech. From a women I wasn't actually dating.

A few weeks ago, I got an eHarmony match requests communication from a 22-year old graphic designer. I responded, we emailed a bunch, and talked on the phone a bunch. I would have tried to meet her in person earlier, but the last two weeks have been hellish at work and I'm going out of town this weekend. Still, I called her most nights, or she called me.

Now, there were a bunch of red flags that made me think this probably wasn't going to work out - I won't get into too much, but she had some lifestyle/health/scheduling issues that would have made dating difficult, and she seemed like she was even more sheltered/less social than me, something I didn't think was possible. And there was the 7 year age difference. Still, she seemed interested, and it's not like there are lots of other cute blonds lining up to date me, so I figured it was worth a shot. But when I called her tonight, I got the above speech.

Maybe it's good in a way - it frees up my resources to hopefully find someone who likes me. But it's pretty depressing how it seems like no woman wants to date me - I can't help but wonder what's wrong with me, how everyone else seems to be able to find someone except me.

And of course, I got the "I'd still like to be friends if you want to talk." Not really. I think guys and girls can be friends, but when at least one of them wants to see the other naked, I don't see it ending well. But I don't really see my adventures in internet dating ending well, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home