mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I think it's quite a safe car, myself...

Evidently, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has rated the Chrysler PT Cruiser the most dangerous new small car in America.

Having been the not-so-proud former owner of a 2002 PT Cruiser, I disagree. Not because I was ever in a major accident with my old PT, just a minor fender-bender when it got hit by a parked car that was plowed into by a hit-and-run driver.

No, my PT Cruiser was safe because it was in the shop so often that I seldom had a chance to be on the road and get into a collision. Shit broke on that car that shouldn't break on a car ever, including the entire gauge cluster burning out, the transmission controller shitting the bed (preventing the car from getting out of second gear limp-home-mode), and a never-fixed airbag light that would come on every time it rained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home