mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

I guess I'm out of touch...

It's not the point of the article, but I have to wonder if I'm some sort of sexually repressed prude for not really finding the example in this blog post all that odd:

Feminism has made a number of strides in the double standard, particularly as regards sexuality. Sure, sexual double standards are still there--I know a lot of men who would not date women who slept with them on the first date, which seems lunatic to me--but they're a hell of a lot milder than they used to be.

Now it seems to me that a willingness to sleep with a guy on the first date would seem like a valid signal that the women is not interested in a long-term relationship - and I'd say the same thing about a guy who was trying to get into a girl's pants on the first date. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but it does suggest that at that point in the person's life, they aren't looking to get married and settle down.

But maybe I'm just out of touch - after all, girls don't sleep with madanthony on the first date. or ever. Or even date him. So what do I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home