mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The end is so close, yet so far....

Eight more classes. Two more papers, plus some reading and minor assignments. Then I'm done with this whole MBA thing.

I think I have whatever the graduate version of senioritis is. I'm having trouble getting myself to focus on getting what little work I have done finished. I have a case study that's due in two weeks. I've started it, but I haven't gotten far. It's only a couple pages - plus a whole bunch of charts (SWOT analysis, SPACE matrix, Porter's 5 forces, and a couple others I can't remember). It's actually on a somewhat interesting topic - BRL Hardy, an Australian wine company. I've read the case a bunch of times, opened up my laptop, started writing - but I just can't get the words on the page - or in this case, the screen.

I don't really care anymore. They announced people who got accepted into the honor society for business, and of course I wasn't one of them. So there really isn't any reason for me to care what grade I get - I'm not getting any kind of honors, and I don't plan on switching jobs, so there really isn't any reason for me to put in extra effort to get a good grade. For that matter, I guess this whole MBA thing was kind of a waste of time... although it's not like I had anything better to do with my time anyway.

It will be nice to get this over with though. Even though I haven't done much, every time I do something other than work on the case, I feel guilty. It hangs over my head, it beats under my floorboards like the telltale heart.

Reading about wine did inspire me to crack open one of the bottles of Trader Joe's Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvingon (I'm sure I butchered the spelling of that) that I brought back from Virginia last year when I was down there for Apple training. I had two glasses and promptly fell asleep at 9pm, because 1)I don't usually drink much and 2)I never drink wine.

I am starting to lean away from the idea of starting on another Master's degree, at least this year... not so much because of all the work as because of all the guilt of not doing work I should be doing....

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran in your blog as have the same paper due in a few days. I am brain dead on where to start. If you still have yours would you be willing to share your work?? I am also from Maryland

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Julie said...

I ran in your blog as have the same paper due actually tommorrow. I am brain dead on where to start. If you still have yours would you be willing to share your work?? I am also from Maryland..plz help!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home