mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Winter blues...

I hate this time of the year. There was a study a while ago that last Monday was the most depressing day of the year. Lileks disagrees, but I think there is some truth to it.

I hate the cold. There is something about a nice warm spring day, when you walk outside and the sun is shining and the temperature is perfect and you can get in your car and roll down the windows and feel a nice breeze, that makes you glad to be alive. On the flip side, there is something about walking outside on a cold, damp day, when you shiver involuntarily, when there is a layer of ice on your windshield, when your engine complains about having to move in the cold, that makes you want to go back inside and curl up in bed until March.

This is that time of year. It doesn't help that this weather makes me feel like shit. I seem to get, at least once a year, some sort of cold/sinus infection/allergy attack that lasts for a week or so, and I'm into day 4 of it. My nose is running, stuffed, and dripping down my throat all at the same time. My ability to taste food goes in and out. My head feels like it's full of snot, and my face feels hot.

Also, for some reason my hands chap easily, so my knuckles will start randomly bleeding, which is always a good way to make a good first impression. It probably doesn't help that I am a cronic hand washer.

Not to mention that running my heat pump has made my house full of static electricity, to the point that I've turned on lights and gotten visable archs of electricity that made my hand hurt. Plus I've gone to take my Harmony 880 remote out of it's charging cradle and gotten an electric shock big enough to reboot the thing. I'm scared that one day I'm going to turn it into a $150 brick by accident...

How many more days until spring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home