mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, January 12, 2007

I don't really follow ice hockey...

Evidently, there is football game tomorrow that has a bunch of people in Baltimore excited. Me, to borrow a phrase from my old landlord, I don't really follow ice hockey.

Baltimore has been going crazy - people wearing purple, banners and purple lights all over town, cars with Raven slogans written in shoe polish.

Me, I'll probably either be doing stuff around the house or running errands at game time. I don't begrudge people who are into this kind of thing - I'm not one of those elitist intellectual types who looks at organized sports as a kind of bread and circus. I just don't find it interesting. I have other things to do on a Sunday or Monday night than watch games. While I admire athletes who have the willpower to keep in shape, and my recent attempts at weight loss have made me realize how hard that is, I don't really have any desire to watch them.

I guess it would be nice if the Ravens win - it would be nice for Baltimore to briefly be known for something other than it's high homicide rate. But I won't be camped out in front of TV anytime soon, at least not to watch the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home