mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Pimpin' my ride....

So I took Thursday off, and spent the day spending money.

One may ask why I would take a day off 2 days after coming back from a week-long holiday vacation (the joys of working for a college). The reason is simple - I was maxed out on vacation days. Once I hit 75 hours, I stop accumulating vacation time. Since I like to save my vacation time in case I need it for something, I rarely take days off - so I needed to use it or lose it.

I'd been wanting to get a bedliner installed in the Ranger for a while, so I finally did that on Thursday. I got a line-x liner installed. It wasn't cheap, but I won't have to worry about the bed getting scratched.

While I was there, another guy came in to get a bedliner installed on a Chevy Silverado 3500 dually. He bought it used, and it had a drop-in bedliner on it. When they took the liner off, they found that the previous owner had cut a hole in the bed to mount a fifth-wheel gooseneck trailer. Dude was not happy.

I also ordered a Tonneau cover - an ARE LSII. It should be in within two weeks, which will mean I'll have protection for the next two Hamfests I'm going to at the end of the month. And it even has a rebate!

Spent another chunk of the day driving around - I hit two targets (including one I hadn't been to before) to root thru Christmas merchandise - I now have a lifetime supply of air freshners and dishwasher detergent, thanks to hidden "Christmas" scents. Ran a few errands, missed my exit and ended up near the Eastpoint mall, so I ended up stopping at the Goodwill accross the street - although all I bought was a $2 Victorinox swiss army knife (target return) and a bottle of goo gone (the crap collector's best friend.

I have to say it was nice not going into work... I wish I could do it every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home