mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Well, that's done (for the rest of the year, anyway)...

Yesterday night was my last day of my next-to-last MBA class. We got out at 8, which was nice. I have one more class to take next semester, and then I'm

When I first started the MBA program, I had big dreams - I was going to learn all sorts of skills, network with all kinds of people, maybe even meet some girls.

Now, I'm just looking forward to getting my piece of paper and being done. Not that I haven't learned stuff, and I've met some cool people. But I've also come to realize I probably won't be going anywhere career-wise, and I'm looking forward to having a little more free time to concentrate on things like going to the gym and doing stuff around the house.

And while there are some amazing-looking girls in some of my classes, they are all married. It seems like most people have gotten their life ducks in a row before doing the MBA thing, while I put most of my energy into getting through the MBA thing and buying my house, and not so much on the personal life side.

So I celebrated last night by coming home and opening a carton of eggnog and a bottle of Baccardi. I had a godawful stomach ache this morning, which was probably related to the quart or so of 'nog that I downed, not to mention the half-pound of Christmas Cookies.

And today was the last day of work for the year. One of the perks of working for a college is that we get stupid amounts of days off - I'm off until January 2nd. We got out early today - school closed at 2.

I'm planning to stay in Maryland until Christmas Eve, then drive up to NJ. I'll probably head back to Maryland either New Years Eve or New Year's Day - I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing NYE, if anything. I figure I can use the next 36 hours to do all the stuff I've put off doing over the last semester, like cleaning my house - I think there may be mushrooms growing in my toilet, and my bedroom floor looks like a shoe store exploded.

I do hope to put up a few new year's resolution/ year in review posts in the next week or so....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home