mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Have you lost weight? No, and shut up...

I've noticed a lot of people in the last couple weeks have been asking me if I've lost more weight.

Which is odd, considering that I haven't - my weight has stayed exactly the same since mid-January. I've gotten into a sort of holding pattern where I maintain my weight. This seems to be due to the fact that I generally exersize daily and eat a reasonable lunch and dinner - and then cancel that out by eating like 4 deserts at lunch and a bunch of cookies before I go to bed.

Maybe it's the beard I've grown. I've started to get to the point where I need to trim it, and I can't say I have a steady hand or good attention to detail, so it looks kind a patchy. But I don't think it makes me look any skinnier.

I'm hoping to actually lose some weight over the summer. The all-you-can-eat buffet at work closes soon, so maybe I'll actually start bringing my lunch again, which would save me some money and prevent me from cramming down those 3 pieces of cake every weekday at lunchtime.

Then again, this summer is going to be crazy - I'm hoping to buy a house, buy a new car, and I'm signed up for two grad classes. So that might cut into my exersize time, especially since the gym at the college where I work is about to go into it's summer schedule, which for the most part seems to be "whenever you have time to use us, we're closed". It probably won't help my eating habits either.

So we'll see if I can fight temptation. Oh well, if I don't, my Aunt (who is convinced I'm anorexic) will be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home