mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, April 21, 2006

It's my favorite time of the year.... so why can't I enjoy it?

Well, for the last 6 months or so I've been complaining about the weather. I was longing for warm weather, for the kind of days when I can drive around with the windows open and the sunroof open, for the kind of days where I don't have to worry about putting a jacket on, when I can rock shorts and sandels on the weekend (which right now means Sundays).

But now that the weather is nice, I feel like I can't enjoy it. When it's cold out, you wake up and don't want to get out of bed because it's cold. Now that it's warm, I seem to have an easier time getting out of bed - but once I walk out the door and feel the slight breeze of a perfect, 70-degree spring day, the last thing I want to do is go to work - even though I like my job, and even though I probably get to go outside far more than the average tech worker.

Plus, it's such a busy time of year. I decided to only take one class this semsester, because I was planning to start house shopping. I haven't yet - I have my counseling session on May 2nd, and I can't really do much until after that. The good thing is I only have one final to worry about instead of two. The bad thing is my final is a group project that we haven't yet started, and it's due in a little over a week.

The rest of this summer is going to be nuts. In addition to the final project, I need to get together the 10,000 documents I need to take to my DSLEP meeting, and I need to get my room up to Baltimore City housing inspector standards by May 1st. That's hard because I don't know what their "standards" are - the last time I almost got fined for some boxes stashed behind my bed and some wires running accross the room. It's arbitrary and capricious, and it's pretty much impossible to comply with unwritten rules - I'm sure she will find fault with something, I just need to hope not enough to fine me.

Once this stuff is done, I'll still have a busy summer. I'm taking two summer MBA classes, and I'm also hoping to buy a house and move into it before the end of the summer. I'm also hoping to buy a new car. And I need to make time to keep going to gym, and hopefully eat better and drop another 20 pounds. So I'm not going to have a lot of free time.

All I want is some time to breath, to enjoy the fresh air, to sit outide with a beer and a cigar and a good book. Last summer I found myself having to schedule an hour on Sunday nights to do this. This year, I wonder if I'll even have time to do that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home