mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Unmotivated.....

You may have noticed that this blog hasn't been updated in a while.

There are two reasons for this. First of all, I'm not doing helpdesk right now - one of our desktop support people got promoted to an administrative position, so I'm filling in doing desktop support (and hoping that I get hired for the position eventually...). That means I can't really blog much at work, since I'm actually out in the field instead of sitting at the helpdesk waiting for the phone to ring.

The second reason is I've been really lazy and unmotivated of late. I find myself being real tired real early - I've been going to bed around 11pm the last week or so. I've managed to get a few small things done, like listing some stuff on eBay, but I have a ton of other things I should be doing (cleaning, getting stuff ready for Hamfest, ect) but all I really want to do is sleep or watch TV. I've also skipped the gym twice this week to go out and eat, and I've probably eaten out and and spent more on food this week than I normally do in a month. Which is bad, because I really need to save money.

I also need to start house shopping pretty soon (see need to save money, above). The problem is, while I find the idea of owning and living in a house to be really appealing, the stuff in the middle - finding a house, moving everything, writing out a down-payment check large enough to buy a gently used Lexus- is stuff I dread. Especially the moving part, as I have tons of junk that I need to get rid of (see eBay/Hamfest, above).

I'm also realizing that I need to come up with several thousand dollars in the next couple months if I want to pull this house-buying thing off. I've run the numbers, and while I can probably swing the down payment, there is now way that I can pay closing costs and buy furniture with the amount I have in my bank account right now. Which is why I'm working overtime every day this weekend. Which is why I will have even less time to do anything. Tuesday marks the start of class at the college where I work, which means even more work. I'm only taking one MBA class this semester, which starts a week from Monday - but it's finance, and from the sylabus, looks to be umm, challenging.

Which means I'll have even less time to do stuff. I'm really starting to hate myself for my constant need to sleep, my constant desire to do useless stuff like watch TV instead of making money or exersizing. I really need to make an effort not to waste a minute of my life doing nothing. I envy everyone else, who seem to have enough time to get everything they want done and still find time to relax, while I can't seem to do both. I don't know where all my time goes, but I need to start budgeting it and getting it done.

Or maybe I should just start using Meth. Then I wouldn't need to sleep, and I'd have about 7 extra hours every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home