mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Should I have stocked up on bread and milk?

Well, they are calling for snow tomorrow. In typical exactness, and depending on source, we are getting somewhere between an inch and a foot.

I stopped for gas on the way home (I had to work 2 hours overtime because a coworker was out sick) and I stopped at the 41st Royal Farms/Enroy station. I considered running in and getting a loaf of bread in case I got snowed in. Then I remembered that I almost never eat bread, and already have most of a loaf going stale in the fridge.

Last year, when snow was predicted, I had a routine - I would stop by the #1 Chinese Kitchen and pick up some takeout, and while they were cooking it run to Roland Park Liquors and pick up some Natty Boh or Yeungling. But since I've been trying to eat better and almost never drink, I skipped that.

Not that I've been very healthy eating-wise of late - I haven't really been watching what I eat, and I haven't been to the gym in a week, because 1)I've got a bunch of homework, and a final and 3 projects due 2)I've had some sort of cold/flu/allergy attack for the last couple days and have felt like crap, and it's hard to exersize when you are wiping your nose every 5 minutes and occasionally hacking up hunks of pleghm.

While it would be nice to have a day off from work, and it would let me get some homework done, it would actually be a pain - I'm supposed to meet a classmate in Columbia to finish a presentation that we have to give on Monday, and I don't relish the thought of driving there in bad weather - and if I have to put it off, I don't know when we'll get it done. Did I mention it's due monday?

And if it goes into Saturday it's even worse - Saturdays are overtime for me, so if I don't go into work, I don't get paid - and the worst is a delayed opening, where I work fewer hours (and then get paid less) but still have to drag my ass to work in the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home