mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Break....

Well, it's Friday morning - which means MadAnthony's last day of work for the year 2005. One of the perks of working for a college is getting a week of paid Christmas break. So at 4pm today, I'm done with work until January 3rd.

I'll be going to New Jersey for break, leaving tomorrow morning and coming back January 2nd. Got the usually family stuff - Christmas Eve fish dinner at my mom's cousin's house, Christmas day dinner at the parents. I intend to spend most of the rest of the week sleeping, reading a stack of books I've bought throughout the year that I haven't had time to read (Cowboy Capitalism, The Undercover Economist, Mommy Knows Worst) as well as re-reading "home buying for dummies" in preperation of house shopping. I'm also probably going to hang out one of my old college roomates who lives in Philly one of the days.

Part of me wonders if I should be spending more time in Baltimore, since there are a bunch of things I need to do - clean out the closet, write eBay descriptions, ect. But this is the only time I get to visit the 'rents for any length of time, and next year will probably be busy and not give me a whole lot of time to see them. And I could use a break - maybe it's good to not be able to do anything but relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home