mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

A new camera, and a stab at photoblogging...

I already own a decent digital camera - a Toshiba PDR-5300. This is what I've used in previous pics on the this blog.

I was in Target last week and found an Olympus DiMage Z10 digital camera. I was drawn to it because it looked pretty cool, not to mention that it was on clearance. It was originally $270, but it was 50% off and they gave me an additional 30% off because it was the floor model (no accessories, plus a couple scratches on the bottom from where it was attached to the security device. Walked out with it for $95 plus tax.

I took it to work on Friday and fooled around a little:

The Humanities Building

Alumi Chapel and Knott Hall

I also took it with me when I went to the Guilford Resevoir to walk a few laps:

path to the resevoir

Pump House at the Resevoir - if this was built in the 1980's instead of the 1920's, it would be a cinderblock box instead of looking like a Spanish villa

overlooking my car from the resevoir path

zooming in on my car - my test of the zoom feature, same position as above.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it - I like it better than the Toshiba, which cost 3x as much. Then again, the Toshiba is easier to put in my pocket...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home