mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Scenes from work, dumbest answer edition..

I work at a helpdesk at a college. Yesterday, I recieved a call from a student. While many of the people who call aren't the brightest lights on the Christmas tree, sometimes you get one who exceeds the bounds of your expectations...

Student: I can't connect to the internet

Mad Anthony: What version of Windows are you running? (Note: I ask this because there are different ways to get the IP address on different versions of Windows)

Student: Well, I see (student then starts listing various dorms on campus)

Mad Anthony: Huh? (sense of understanding)... Umm, I need to know what version of Windows is on your computer, not what dorms you see out of your window....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home