mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I was hoping this package would be a laptop, but it turned out to be a loaf of bread...

I bought another Toshiba Libretto off eBay a couple weeks ago (the last one I bought arrived damaged). This one is a Japanese-only one, slightly faster than the ones imported to the U.S. The Libretto is a mini-laptop made in the late 90's (they still make them in Japan, with Transmeta Caruso processors). It's about the size of a VHS tape, but contains an entire computer (PII processor, win9x, ect).

I had it shipped to work, so my ghetto-ass neighbors wouldn't steal it. The seller shipped it about a week and a half ago, so when I saw a box in our office today, I was excited - until I picked it up and realized that it was too light to be my new toy.

It turned out to be a loaf of bread, which netted me some strange looks from my coworkers. I do market research studies for a couple companies (free money!), and one of them sent me a loaf of bread to test as a follow-up to a survey I took.

So I left the bread at work, and I'm bringing a jar of gnutella and a butter knife with me... breakfast!

I'm hoping I get the Libretto soon though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home