mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wictory!

I know - I run a mostly political blog, and I haven't posted anything on the election yet. I have been busy, and I was trying to get a bunch of stuff done while I was watching FOX last night (and peeking into the command post chat room every now and then. I stayed up to 12:30, went to bed, then woke up at 4am and checked Drudge before going back to sleep.

I'm pretty happy with the results - despite Kerry's blabber about counting the provisional ballots, I see little chance of anything changing in Ohio, thus meaning that W will continue to be prez.

I thought it was going to be a close election and it was, although I am glad to see that Bush won the popular vote (and it makes me feel good that I bothered voting in a state where Bush had the chances of an ice cube in a toaster oven).

Beyond the fact that I think Bush will do a better job of protecting America and keeping it prosperous, I'm glad to see him win because this irritates the heck out of the people like who have ReDefeat Bush lawn signs or the woman who was standing on the corner of Charles and Homeland yesterday afternoon with a "the cost of war" sign with pictures of dead Iraqi kids on it (never mind the cost of not going to war, or how objectionable libs find this when the pictures are of aborted fetuses).

The fact that Thune beat Daschle in South Dakota also bodes well for the Republicans. Despite a media that perenially seems to regard Republicans as some sort of crazy martian life, there are lots of Republicans out there, and they have shown their faces today (well, yesterday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home