mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Can I get a number 2, with a side of attitude?

I work Saturdays, overtime, babysitting the technology at a satelite college campus. Normally I'm running really late, so I stop at Royal Farms for a healthy breakfast consisting of a 24 ounce coffee and a king size candy bar. I was only running slightly late this morning, so I figured I'd splurge and go to Burger King and get a nice bag of grease.

I ordered a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit combo, large coffee. Total was $3.14. Pay with a $5. Cashier hands me some change, says that he has to get a dollar. takes several minutes for him to get it. By the time he comes back with my dollar, I've forgotten how much he owes me, and while I try to remember, I go "is that right". His response was something like Yea, I only owe you a dollar, followed by a muttered comment that sounded like either "I'm not going to school you in money, homeboy" or "you aren't going to get my money, homeboy", followed by "I owe you $1.87".

Yes, he was right. Addition is not Mad Anthony's forte, especially at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. But his comment was basically an an accusation that I was either stupid or trying to rip him off, and that's not exactly good customer service. I'm not one of those people who thinks that customers should be able to take a poop on the floor, and then say "clean it up, the customer is always right", but I also think it's usually a good idea to give the customer the benefit of the doubt.

Besides not making his comment, there are a couple things BK could have done that would have prevented the situation - given me a reciept, and had some singles in the till in the first place (customers paying cash for fast food? imagine!). Telling their employees not to refer to their customers as "homeboy" might also be something to consider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home