mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hypocondriac...

I tend to be a bit of a hypocondriac. I read the latest disease in Reader's Digest (which my mom, for reasons I don't quite comprehend, gets me a gift subscription to every year, possibly because she figures I spend lots of time in the crapper and need something to read) and am convinced I'm dying.

At work today, I had to install memory in a couple dozen machines in preperation for the rollout of a new. memory-intensive application. So of course while I'm under someone's desk putting RAM in their machine (I'd say I was RAMing their box, but that sounds dirty), I slammed my head into the top of the desk.

So of course I'm paranoid that I've got a concussion and am going to die. I didn't hit it that hard, and I don't think I really have any symptoms. But I've convinced myself that I do. I do feel a little queasy, but that may be the two oreo brownies, each the size of paperback book, that I had for dessert at lunch, or possibly the slice of sausage and peperoni pizza I ate a few hours later that had been sitting out for about 26 hours. And I do feel a little ringing in my ears - or it could be the amount of fluid in them due to my allergies, or possibly my ceiling fan and the whine of the $10 power supply on my computer. And my head hurts a tiny bit - not nearly as much as when I have a headache, but it hurts a little. Especially if I poke it. Although I have a feeling it would still probably hurt if I poked it, even if I hadn't hit it.

So I'm hoping that I don't go to sleep tonight and never wake up. And if I do die, I hope someone deletes all the pr0n from my computer before my parents come down from NJ to pick up my stuff.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Muneer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Muneer said...

So, your parents ever enjoy this blog? Oh, and what is the last letter in this image supposed to be? (It looks better as a link. The last post didn’t turn out for that reason)

How can you install RAM while being under a desk? I have to unplug the CPU and put it on my workbench/on the desk of the luser before I can even get off the cover. (Wow, that doesn't sound right-ED) Guess I don't have your l33t helpdesk skills.

And because I don't already have enough question marks in this post already, how did the inspection go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home