mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

These are truely the best of times....

Some people complain that things were better in the "good old days" when things were simpler, before technology made things more complicated, and made people lose touch with what really mattered.

But I disagree. I think technology has made our lives better. I mean, it's brought us this.

The individually wrapped, ready-for-the microwave potato. Truely a work of genius.

I enjoy the occasional baked potato - with some fat free margarine-like spread, it's as good a healthy subsitute as I can get for mashed potatoes. With some frozen peas and some refrigerated pre-cooked turkey with gravy it's like Thanksgiving, only from my microwave.

I tried the PotatOH and was impressed. The fact that it's prewrapped is nice, but what I really like is that it's prewashed - I hate washing veggies. The wrap does work well though - it came out somewhat crispy on the bottom, and the skin was practically falling off the potato.

And it was only 66ยข. How can a man look at a microwavable prewashed potato for under 3 quarters and not agree that the world has never been better than it is now?

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger trejrco said...

Indeed, the wonders of technology! /TJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home