mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

People who tick me off...

There a couple things I've noticed of late that irk me. I was going to put them in seperate posts, but I figured I'd lump them into one, so if you don't like hearing me whine you can skip to another post...

1. People who don't tie their shit down in their pickups OK, you have a pickup and you have a bunch of stuff that you want to transport. Here's a novel idea - take the time to secure that stuff with some rope and/or bungee cords, especially if you plan on driving on a major Interstate highway with said stuff. I recently had the joy of watching a sofa cushion tumble off the back of a Ford Ranger a few weeks ago on 83. A few days later, I nearly rear-ended the car in front of me when it slowed down because of the trash can that was sitting in the middle of the road. And my car still bears a small dent above the right side wheel well thanks to a trip to class down I-95. I saw what I thought was a piece of cardboard chilling in the left lane, so I steered so it would be in the middle between my wheel wells. Except it turned out not to be a piece of cardboard, but a piece of wallboard, and it flew up at my car at the last mintute.

Seriously, large objects in the middle of the road create a massive road hazard, the kind that kills people. So tie your damn shit down.

2. People who don't flush the toilet in public restrooms. Ok, congrats. You just had a large bowel movement. I'm sure you are very proud of yourself. That doesn't mean I want to admire it, though. Please flush when you are done.

3. People who use cell phones in inappropriate places I don't have a problem with people driving while talking on their cells - I don't do it much, because I don't really talk to people, but I don't see it as any more distracting than listening to the radio, talking to your friends, or yelling at your kids while driving. But there are certain places where it isn't appropriate to talk on your cell. Case in point - I was at the college libary today finishing up a take-home final on my Powerbook when I notice some kid talking on his cell phone - in the library. What's worse, he got up from where he was sitting and started pacing while talking on the phone. Not cool. People go to libraries specifically because they are quiet (it certainly isn't for the decor, which at our library hasn't been updated since the 1970's - it actually made Princeton Reiview's top 10 for ugliest libary). Take your cell outside, or at least into the "lounge" with the door that closes.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are freiking gay from the g to the a to the y

 

Post a Comment

<< Home