mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

w00t! Bag of crap!

There is a rather unusual tech sales site called woot.com - they sell one item a day, posted at 1am EST, and sell it till it sells out.

I've ordered from them twice - once I got three Kensington fly fans for 1 cent each, and I got a very nice Kensington gaming mouse for $10.

I was disappointed, though, that I missed out on one deal they offered - the bag o' crap. You got three items for a penny a piece, plus a bag. By the time I had checked, though, it was sold out. A couple people in the last deal got phat stuff (home theater system, robosapien) while most got less cool stuff ranging from Iomega click disks to bean dip to "priority puck" desk paper sorters.

With working days, I can't usually check woot when the deals post. Yesterday, though, I was exhausted when I came home from work, so I took a three hour nap, ran some errands, blogged, and was still up at 1am when they posted the bag of crap 2. I spent an hour trying to get my order through, because their server kept crashing, but it finally went through. I am looking forward to my bag o' crap - and even if it is, well, crap, it seems worth it just to get a confirmation email that says "Your order for 3 of Random Crap has been received by Woot (9/28/2004)."

When it comes, I'll post what I got and a pic.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled /woot bag o crap/ to see if anyone had posted photos of what they got. You wrote that you would post a description and photo of your "crap" but apparently joined the the staff of the Journal of Radical Mediocrity, and thusly procrastinated for nearly a year in posting them. Just curious! shellirussell@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home