mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Can I see some ID?

I got carded buying beer for the first time in a while. Yes, I do get carded at bars and resturants fairly regularly, but it's fairly rare that I get carded at the liquor store.

I think there's a couple reasons - I went to a different liquor store than usual. I usually go to Well's, which is conviniently located near where I buy my groceries, and also usually has good closeouts on near-dated beer - a good chance to try new stuff on the cheap. I think they kind of recognize me there. I'm also usually decently dressed when I go there, and I usually am buying good-quality beers.

Yesterday, though, I stopped at my "emergency" liquor store, a small place near a Chinese resturant I like. I was a bit low on cash, not too impressed with their selection, and had a touch of nostalgia - so I bought a six pack of National Bohemian, AKA Natty Boh, from the land of pleasant living - $2.99 for a sixer. Natty Boh is a "local" Baltimore beer, now Pabst and brewed in WI. It's about as cheap as you can get, and is like having sex in a canoe - f'ing close to water. I also was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and Converse All-stars, and hadn't shaved that morning.

I guess I look young. I guess that's good.

It's kind of funny, because last week I had age questions from two people. One of the contractors who was working at the Helpdesk with me asked how old I was and was surprised that I was "only" 24. On the other hand, two gentlemen who ran a negotiation firm and who I was helping demonstrate classroom equiptment to at my Saturday job asked how old I was, and told me I looked younger than 24.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home