mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

It's official, I'm old...

This weekend one of my housemates has had a bunch of friends visiting him - so I have multiple people sleeping in the living room. It's really making me feel old, since for the last couple mornings I've been tiptoing past sleeping people to go to work. It really struck me today though - it's Sunday, the one day of the week that I don't have to work, and I was still up this morning. I was so tired last night that I dozed off at 11pm. I woke up at 7:30 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I woke up, showered, drove to RiteAid (free after rebate Colgate MaxFresh toothpaste and I had a $1 coupon, so I got paid a buck to buy toothpaste) and picked up a mcgriddle from McDonald's. Ate it while watching a couple episodes of the Dennis Miller show off my RePlay (yelling at the democratic vasity panel guests), then ran some more errands and got some homework done at the library. Came back around 2:30 and there was still someone sleeping on the futon in the living room.

Witness all the old man things I did - waking up at 7:30 when I didn't have to, yelling at the TV, using coupons, ect. Throw in a few other things (I'm a registered republican, I drive a Chrysler) and it's a shock that I'm not wetting myself and yelling at kids to get off the lawn.

I'm already missing my college days, when I could get drunk on a Thursday or Friday night and not have to be somewhere the next day, but those days are over - which is funny since my housemate is actually a couple years older than I am (he's a full time grad student, so he has luxuries that full time working stiffs who are also part time students like myself don't have).

If I'm this old and boring now at age 24, I wonder what I'll be like when I turn 40.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home