mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

uggh, weekends...

Every time the weekend approaches, my coworkers get all excited about what they are going to do. I, on the other hand, typically greet them with a profound sense of meh.

When you are chronically single and undateable like me, and when you don't have much of a social life, like me, weekends are just another day, except without going to work. And when you don't have much else going on in your life, that's not all that much of a plus.

How do I typically start my weekend? By making a to-do list on the back of a piece of scrap paper, which typically includes such exciting events as "laundry" and "Target". Since work and going to the gym eats up the bulk of my weekdays, the weekend is when I typically get much of the little errands and other things that I need to get done done. None of which are particularly enjoyable (although Target does have a Starbucks....)

But it's better to be doing stuff than not, because weekends where I have free time usually mean I end up sitting in my house and thinking about what a fool I was to buy a house at the exact top of the housing market, or surfing internet dating sites full of profiles of women who will never go out with me, making me ponder what I am doing wrong and why I am such a loser.

But the good thing is that my weekend malaise tends to be most profound in the winter. Spring and summer bring more things to occupy my time, which means less time for madanthony to get all emo. Granted, many of those things aren't particularly sexy - hamfests, auctions, yard sales, flea markets - but they'll occupy some of my time, and hopefully also put a little money in my pocket. Also, I've signed up for a 10-mile run in June, so I now have a reason to push myself to put in some time on my basement treadmill - or maybe even outside. And summer does hold the possibility of a slight improvement in the giant black hole that is my social life.

Of course, summer is invariably followed by winter, which means that at some point I'll go back to posting about how much my weekends suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home