mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

My weekend, or the trick to succeeding is to set your goal low enough...

I feel like I accomplished a lot this weekend. That isn't to say that I actually accomplished a whole lot this weekend, but I got more done than I have the last couple weekends, so I'd consider it a success.

The last couple weekends have kind of sucked - I've had multiple electronic components fail on me, I've disassembled my toilet in an attempt to fix it and have failed miserably, leaving me with a toilet that is not only still broken, but also in several pieces. I haven't really had anything to do or any place to go - no social activities, no auctions, and it's too cold for yard sale season yet. That means I don't have much reason to get out of bed early, and once I do I don't have much reason to shower and get dressed - so I tend to spend too much of the day sitting around in my pajamas surfing the web.

I did plenty of that this weekend, but I also did some stuff - vacuumed, gave the kitchen a quick once -over, did some cleaning (I took all the small piles of crap and put them into larger, more out of the way piles of crap), made a batch of crockpot chili (with some variations - I did half beef, half turkey, left out the carrots, celery, and seasoned pepper, cut back on the red pepper, and used Miller Lite as the beer... and put in more than it called for), and hooked up the replacement for my RePlay.

Now, these aren't exactly huge accomplishments, but it's hard to get me to clean much at all - I'm messy by nature, and I live alone and seldom have visitors, so I don't have a lot of incentives to clean. I do have a lot of crap though, and I'd like to get rid of some of it and get the rest organized. I need to set goals for the next few weeks to keep working on those things as well as keeping up with normal cleaning. It's not going to help with the big-picture areas of my life, like finding a woman, but it would be nice not to live in filth. And if I ever meet a woman who is a clean freak, well, then she'll probably still think I'm messy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home