mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cosmic philter, popped....

So last night I spent the night watching Popping the Cosmic Philter: a quartet of avant-garde shorts.

I have to admit I came in with pretty low expectations. I left pleasantly surprised.

I was there because friend/coworker bsom, whose hobbies include making noise-making devices, was performing before/between/after. Since I didn't have anything else to do on a Friday night - shocking, I know - I figured I might as well go. I've been trying to force myself to take advantage of any opportunities to get out of the house, on the theory that I'm at least slightly more likely to have some sort of positive networking opportunity (friend, date, chance to make money) in the real world compared to sitting at home letting my cat gnaw on my arm.

The performances were actually pretty cool - a little out there, but that's kind of the point. They actually did make me think - compare the author/performers thoughts and experiences to my own, make me wonder what I would do if I was going to make a similar performance. I was also glad that they were pretty much all non-political, since, well, my politics tend to have very little in common with those of the people who generally perform at avant-garde theaters.

I might not have gotten any dates out of it, but I did have a good time, and that's what's important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home