mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Twitchy...

For some reason, for much of the day, my right eye has been twitching randomly. I'm not sure why.

Usually, I get the eye-twich when I'm nervous or stressed. The first time I remember it was about 6 years ago, when I had to decide if I wanted to take a job offer in DC that I didn't think I would be happy with, or move back in with my parents in NJ, which wasn't terribly attractive either. I ended up going with the latter, and my eye kept twitching for a while as I wondered if I'd made the right choice. In retrospect, things ended up working out - I'm not sure if I've made all the right choices since then, but I think the set of choices I had is better than they would have been had I gone the other way.

But I'm not sure why it's doing it now. That is not to say that I'm not stressed - I've been pretty busy with work, I've been taking home laptops to set up at night pretty much daily, and I'm looking at two projects - hardware migration and migrating our email system from Groupwise to Outlook - both of which I play pretty major roles in. The email project is going to be ongoing for the next few months, and I handle a big chunk of the role of software distribution, so I need to make that work, and I know it's going to have a fair number of bumps and learning.

But I've made some progress so far, and it's not like I haven't been busy with work before. Plus, in some ways I'm in a better mood today than usual - in addition to the fact that I worked 6.5 hours of overtime today - yeah money! - and actually got some stuff done - it was actually pleasantly warm today, after being stupidly cold the last two months. It got me thinking about what I want to do this summer, and I'm somewhat hopeful that I'm going to finally get myself to do some of the things I've been saying I'm going to do every summer.

So I should be happy. Instead of twitchy.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should take a vacation this summer. I don't think you've ever taken a vacation, have you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home