mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's been a two-hamfest week...

This week I had two hamfests. The first was the Timonium Minifest on Wednesday night. I left work a little early and was still pretty much the last vendor to get there around 5. I was told that people had gotten there as early as 1pm. They were out of tables by the time I got there - luckily, I had brought one, having run into the same thing last year, and bsom had two more in his car. I didn't buy anything, but did sell $189 worth of stuff. I also bought $5 worth of 50/50 tickets, and won - the prize was $21.

Today was the MMARC post-holiday hamfest in Odenton. Once again, I didn't buy anything, but I did sell $302 worth of stuff. I did miss a couple decent deals, including a p4 shuttle-type small form factor PC with an older Viewsonic flat panel monitor and a copy of Vista for $50. I had seen it and thought it was cool, but didn't ask how much it was - and the guy at the table next to me snatched it up. It would have been a steal, but while I probably could have gotten most of my money back just for the monitor, it probably would have just gathered dust for a while. Same with an early p3 Vaio for $100 that I passed up.

I'm pretty happy with my sales, and I've gotten rid of quite a few things, including stuff I've had for a while. I'm actually getting to the point where I'm getting low on inventory - I've sold a lot of my stock, and deals have been kind of thin lately. I'm hoping some deals or something come up soon. In the past there have been times where I seem to be out of inventory, and something comes up - sales, auctions, ect. I'm hoping it happens again, because I don't have a whole lot to sell. Then again, the next 'fest I'm going to sell at will probably be Memorial Day weekend - I usually go to the big fest in Timonium just to shop. That should give me plenty of time to build up some inventory - as well as to clean out the closets in my home office, which are full of way more stuff than I will ever use. I'm often have a bit of a dilemna - do I keep parts I might need someday but probably won't, or do I get rid of it and risk needing it right after I've sold it? Given the fact that I'm getting kind of tired of dealing with how much clutter I have, and would like to simply, as well as free up some money, I'm leaning to the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home